Friday, April 16, 2010

New Artist images...sculptures in bronze


Hadiya's Biography
I grew up in New York City. My father was a commercial artist and took an interest in
my creative abilities. I attended art workshops with professional artists starting at the
age of 5.
So from a very young age I was exposed to many forms of art in workshops, museums
and books, I met artists and visited their studios. I attended the High School of Music
and Art as an art major, after which I attended SUNY Binghamton where I majored in
studio theater. After graduation I worked for the New York City recreation Dept and
continued to study art at the Art Students’ League and the Educational Alliance with
Chaim Gross, from whom I received an award.
Since coming to Los Angeles I have continued to study and make art. I attended the
Design, Art and Architecture program at Santa Monica College where I worked with
assemblage artist George Herms, and others, I received my MFA from Claremont
Graduate University in 2002. I have shown in solo and group shows in galleries in Los
Angeles and Guangzhou, China.
My art centers mainly on the female form which I create using a variety of materials
both 2 and 3 dimensional. I present images which may evoke strange feelings and
fantastic ideas by juxtaposing materials and content in unique ways.

Here artwork can be seen and purchased at www.nakednudeartshop.com

No comments:

Post a Comment